The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) seeks to increase the impact of national service in one or more counties across the country through the 2017 RSVP Expansion Competition. CNCS intends to fund RSVP grants that support volunteers age 55 years and older in activities that serve community needs and respond to the National Performance Measures in the following focus areas: disaster; education; economic opportunity; environment; healthy futures; and veterans and military families. In addition to addressing one or more of the Focus Areas above, which is a requirement, CNCS is particularly interested in supporting applications that propose to include one or more of the priorities listed below.
- Elder Justice: applicants focus on the Elder Justice Act priorities by placing volunteers in assignments that mitigate the potential that clients and caregivers served by RSVP volunteers will be victims of financial fraud, abuse, and/or neglect and/or that provide assistance and support services to victims of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Education—Intergenerational Programming: applicants address ways to increase older adult engagement with young people in the areas of school readiness and K-12 success.
- Access to Care—Opioid Abuse: applicants address ways to increase access to care and participation in health education, including prevention activities, related to opioid abuse.
- Aging in Place—Transportation: applicants focus on the access to preventive/medical appointments or other services that allow them to live independently.
- Economic Opportunity—Housing: applicants contribute to the provision of services for individuals who are economically-disadvantaged, including individuals who are homeless, to transition into safe, healthy, affordable housing.
To learn more about this funding notice, including a list of funding opportunities by State and associated training sessions, contact the Virginia State CNCS Office, Tynetta Darden at firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-771-2197 and visit the CNCS website at www.nationalservice.gov/RSVPexpansioncompetition.