The Virginia Service Foundation supports the activities of the Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism. The purpose of the Foundation is to promote volunteer involvement, civic engagement, and citizen participation in the programs to serve the needs of the Commonwealth of Virginia and its communities.
Board of Directors
- Mark Fero, Chairman (Ruther Glen)
- Jessica Bowser (Alexandria)
- Elizabeth Childress (Richmond)
- Vellie Dietrich-Hall (Cullen)
- Ashley Hall (Richmond)
- C.B. Sinclair (Hopewell)
- Amy Nisenson (Manakin Sabot)
The Virginia Service Foundation sponsored the Governor’s Volunteerism and Service Awards Ceremony as well as several Mini Grants for 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance, Day to Serve, and MLK Day of Service.