The Governor's Volunteerism and Community Service Awards recognize the significant contributions of Virginia citizens to the life and welfare of the Commonwealth and its people. One award is presented in each of 9 categories.
- Adult (Individual age 19-59)
- Senior (Individual age 60+)
- Youth (Individual up to age 18)
- Family (Family who volunteers together for a specific project or organization)
- Corporation (For-profit organization with 51+ employees)
- Small Business (For-profit organization with 50 or less employees)
- Faith-Based Organization (Volunteers serving in or from a church, synagogue, etc.)
- Educational Institution (Volunteers serving in or from K-12 school, college, or university)
- Community Organization (Nonprofit, civic, government or other service organization)
These outstanding award winners represent the millions of generous Virginians who offer their time and talents to others each year. Winners of the 2019 Governor's Volunteerism Awards will be honored at a special ceremony in April 2019. Read more about last year's awards ceremony and click on the photos below to read stories about our amazing winners in this past year.
2018 Virginia Governor's Volunteerism Award Winners