National Make A Difference Day is celebrated on the fourth Saturday of October each year as a way for individuals and organizations to come together to make a difference — big or small. For more than 20 years, USA Weekend and Points of Light sponsored Make a Difference Day. Although they are no longer the promoters of this day, organizations and individuals continue to honor the day through acts of kindness and service.
HOW TO SAFELY OBSERVE #MakeADifferenceDay
Making a difference can come in many forms so this day is wide open for participation!
- Check out the How to Volunteer Safely During COVID webpage on this site
- Make a donation to a charity with meaning to you.
- Say a kind word of support to someone who is struggling.
- Put your skills to work. Sometimes our hobbies can bring joy to others in ways we least expect it.
- Opportunities are also available in Virginia here: