Many nonprofits and agencies across Virginia are fortunate enough to have AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors members/volunteers serving at their organization. AmeriCorps Week, March 13-19, is a time to salute these individuals for their service, thank community partners, and communicate the impact of AmeriCorps on your community! Ways you can participate:
- Post stories about AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors members and volunteers on social media using #MadeinAmeriCorps #AmeriCorpsWeek
- Invite community leaders or elected officials to take the AmeriCorps Pledge and have them join the members for a day of service.
- Ask your mayor or county official to issue a proclamation. Share a link to the proclamation on social media.
- Host a brunch or lunch for your members/volunteers to thank them for their service.
- Follow the official AmeriCorps social media daily promo calendar and participate in each initiative (coming soon). https://americorps.gov/newsroom/events